Sunday, March 29, 2009

Info Miscommunication

I have had a couple jobs so far in my life, but I haven't seen many big miscommunications, the biggest miscommunications I've seen so far has been playing golf. I was playing in a tournament trying to qualify for my first U.S. Junior Amateur when I was 15 years old. I was on the second at holes with a good chance to qualify, and I was in the middle of the fairway on the 8th hole for my second shot. My caddie routinely got my yardage for me and walked it off to be 164 yards to the hole. Taking into account other factors i played for this yardage and hit it 10 yards over the green, right away I checked to make sure I hit the right club, and I did, and I asked my caddie if he gave me the right yardage. He walked off the yardage and realized it was 154 yards to the hole, not 164. I didn't get upset, but I ended up making a costly bogey which I later had to make up in the round to qualify for the Junior Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment